SFW: SHORTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SFW: Shorts film competition is run and organised by City Eye. The competition screening and awards ceremony will take place in Southampton Film Week (SFW) between 11th November and 19th November 2017. The final selection of all films presented at the competition screening is the responsibility of City Eye.
- SFW: Shorts is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental and artist film. Films should not be focused on the promotion of commercial products or services.
- Films can be up to 10 minutes duration (including credits). There is no minimum length. Films made before January 2016 will not be accepted.
- The person submitting the film must be authorised to do so and is responsible for ensuring that formal permission is held in relation to all those who have ownership or rights in connection with it. This includes cast and crew (or parents/Guardians if under 16).
- Third party elements such as music, sound, graphics or still images used within the production should be original, copyright free or where copyrighted filmmakers must have obtained necessary permission for the inclusion of this content.
- The content of the film cannot, in the opinion of City Eye, be deemed offensive or defamatory.
- If the original language of any dialogue or text featured in the film is not English, the film must be subtitled in English.
- By sharing any film with City Eye you agree to grant to City Eye, free of charge, a non-exclusive, perpetual and worldwide licence to re-publish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to City Eye or Southampton Film Week and permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it) for the purposes of promoting City Eye or Southampton Film Week.
- You may submit more than one film to SFW: Shorts.
- The deadline for early bird submissions is Monday 17th July 2017. The Regular deadline is Thursday 31st August 2017.
- The final deadline for receipt of entries for this competition is 12 noon on Friday 15th September 2017. Film submissions will not be accepted for competition after this date.
- All filmmakers whose films are shortlisted will be notified by email or phone by Friday 6th October 2017.
- All shortlisted filmmakers will be invited to attend the screening and awards ceremony in Southampton Film Week. City Eye and SFW regret that it is not possible to fund entrants to attend this event (eg travel, accommodation etc).
- Shortlisted films will be judged by an independent panel and winners will be announced at the Screening and Awards Ceremony during SFW17. The decision of the judges is final. All shortlisted films will be eligible for the Michael Fuller Award for Best Film and the Audience Award. Filmmakers from Hampshire, Dorset, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Surrey, West Sussex and Isle of Wight will also be in contention for the Regional Filmmaker Prize.
- City Eye and SFW are not able to provide individual feedback in relation to any submission either before entry or following short-listing or judging.
- If your film was submitted online and is shortlisted you will be requested to provide a further copy of the original film as a data file on DVD or memory stick and as .mov, .avi or .mpeg2 format in either standard definition or as HDV1080i/p. If City Eye/SFW does not receive your film within the timescale supplied, your film will no longer eligible to be judged. It is recommended that filmmakers allow sufficient time for films to arrive and that a guaranteed delivery service is used.
- Southampton Film Week and City Eye will ensure that all personal information provided within the submission form will never be used for anything other than direct contact from the competition, SFW or City Eye and will not be shared with any other organisation or festival without your permission.
DEADLINE: Friday 15th September 2017